Thursday 5 June 2014

Collecting the lotto-prize

I have won the lotto and tomorrow I go in to collect my prize.

As with every other person that has won the lottery before me, I am now in the hesitant-phase. The moment before you claim what was given to you, and you start to imagine…

What will it be like? What will it be like once you get there? How will this prize affect you now, in his glorious moment, but also your entire future? We are after all the sum total of moments we experience.

In the two months leading up to my departure tomorrow, I have spent hours upon hours imagining what the country looks like, what I will say when I first meet my expedition-companions, what I will taste and smell.

For the next five months the only thing I am sure of is that everything will change. From the view from my room, to my family, to my dinner at night.


And so, with a combination of excitement, hesitance and an over active imagination, my expedition begins…


No comments:

Post a Comment